Statement of Function
The Stormwater Division is charged with reducing to the maximum extent practicable, the pollution of the Indian River Lagoon caused by stormwater runoff and base groundwater flow. It is also responsible for helping the County implement federally mandated National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II Permit goals. These goals are accomplished through the design, construction, and operation of regional stormwater treatment systems; through education programs; and through sediment and erosion control enforcement and monitoring.
Design and Construction Related Activities
2013/2014 Goals and Objectives
Stormwater Education Related Activities
- Complete construction of PC South Algal Nutrient Removal Facility and begin operations.
- Complete permitting of the Rockridge Surge Protection Project
Stormwater Pollution Control Activities
- Update and continue to show on the County government television channel, the video program presenting
PC Main Screening System, Egret Marsh Stormwater Park, and Spoonbill Marsh. Add PC South Algal
Nutrient Removal Facility if it is operational.
- Continue inserting a stormwater anti-pollution message in every other issue of the County’s monthly
- Channel illicit discharge reports to the proper department staff.
- Enhance public stormwater education activities.
Stormwater Enforcement Related Activities
- Continue operation and maintenance of PC Main Screening System.
- Continue operation and maintenance of Egret Marsh Stormwater Park.
- Begin operating and maintaining PC South Algal Nutrient Removal Facility.
- Continue to implement Best Management Practices at construction sites and dewatering projects during site
- Continue to work with County Surveyor to identify and map priority-screening areas and locate unpermitted
- Continue to work to reduce erosion and sedimentation in County MS4 conveyance systems, waters of the
state, and Florida Outstanding waterways.
- Operate and maintain Egret Marsh Stormwater Park, PC Main Screening System, and PC South Algal
Nutrient Removal Facility to reduce pollution
TO REPORT FLOODING AND OTHER STORMWATER CONCERNS
Please do not call this office - Please call the Road and Bridge Division at 772-770-5095